Sunday, November 17, 2013

Canvas Remix


The canvas the I chose to remix was about the changes in society, culture, and demographics around world.  The canvas also explored how these changes effected the views the followed those three related classifications.  I thought this would be great to add my content into because I believe that music is a direct reflection of the changes in society both good and bad.  Music is like the Ying Yang mirror image of societal and cultural views.  The way I tried convey and prove this fact was by using articles and images that would serve as discussion openers, essay topics and tools for musical understanding.  I also gave a clear and obvious exact example of what I am talking about.  Recently in NJ the gay marriage law was passed which allows same sex marriage.  Same sex marriage is something that has social and cultures conversations booming.  Because of the views that are within a given society whether it be a town, school or state, the passing of such a controversial law will create changes.  Whatever those changes are they will happen.  Well in my opinion America is changing its overall view of same sex marriage.  The Rapper Mackamore made a song called same love which challenges the views of those against gay marriage.  He also show support of the gay community in the song more openly then I have ever seen any rapper do on a track.  I put this video as a direct and relatable example that is current and meaningful to students in some way.  This guide to understand that music reflects change is key to helping student become better musicians and citizens of the world

http://www.play.annenberginnovationlab.org/play2.0/challenge.php?idChallenge=2750&mode=view#network6

1 comment:

  1. I love this new REMIX'd canvas! The video by Macklemore is such a powerful video and he is a progressive rapper who has identified this political issue to a national scale. Your REMIX is very clear to read. All of the information is easily accessible and laid out nicely so navigation between your photos, videos and text boxes are simple. I would love to see some text boxes that ask us questions to reflect on what we see. Maybe a question like, "Why is gay marriage such an issue in the United States and around the world?" This can get viewers seriously questioning major topics. Overall, really nice REMIX!

    ReplyDelete